Forum Discussion

JakeMateo
Community Member
8 months ago

Using a trigger to make 'Play button' for video disappear?

I was trying to setup a trigger to make the 'play button' disappear on click when a video is played.

When I went into the trigger wizard the play button wasn't listed so I can set it up.  The method I'm attempting is:

Change state of > Play Button > Set state to - hidden

When > The user Clicks - Play Button

Please advise.

Thanks

• If it started in Sl, and you put it in Canva and imported it to SL, there is nothing you can do to change it dynamically in SL.  If you inserted it into SL (so it is a distinct object, and not part of a video or graphic) , it will show on the timeline of the layer where it is visible, although you may not recognize its name.  Select it, and it should be highlighted on the timeline

JakeMateo
      Community Member

I imported the video from Canva into SL, and then chose the play button in SL. That's right the button showed up on the timeline and I highlighted it, but when I went into the trigger wizard to set it up, it wasn't there.

JakeMateo
      Community Member

I chose it in Storyline under buttons for a video I created in Canva and imported.

JakeMateo
    Community Member

Update:  I figured it out, but not ideal.  

The play button I initially chose was a play button inside a circle. So what happened was the circle would disappear instead of the entire object with the play button when clicked. So I chose just a play button instead and it disappeared on click.  Now I have to figure out how to time the start of the audio on click.....lol.

JakeMateo
    Community Member

I included the file I'm working on.  I am referring to the 4th slide - the talking head, me! I created the audio in Canva.  Not sure how to sync the audio so that when the button is clicked the audio begins. I was able to figure out how to get the button to disappear when it's clicked but the audio begins when I proceed to the slide.  I was thinking maybe I need to do this in Canva, but I should be able to make this change in SL.

Please advise.

Thanks!