Forum Discussion

KeithTrodden-48
Community Member
3 hours ago

Using Old Storyline files

Hi everyone,

Just a question if I may as I need to clarify something about Storyline in general.

Someone has given me a Storyline file that is over 5 years old that needs updating as the information is out of date. I was strongly advised that I need to completely rebuild this from scratch as normally a Storyline file this old would not capture SCORM data or work as effectively on an LMS in terms of tracking processes etc as a new version but IS this truly the case?

The reason for me asking is that this is going to take me ages and if so, is there some way to implement a quick workaround?

Would it still be OK to manually copy the slides from the old version (that don't need to be updated) into a new storyline file that I have created OR do I literally need to manually recreate new slides by creating text fields and importing videos and graphics as well as rebuilding interactive slides with variables and triggers etc?

Any comments or suggestions would be welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Keith

• There shouldn't be a problem with the SCORM data from an older .story file. After all, the most recent SCORM version is twenty years old (2004).

• To calm your worries, you could publish it and test it in the SCORM CLOUD before you spend time doing the updates.

When you're ready to move ahead, I suggest you open the old file, and immediately do a SAVE AS to create a new version. Then update as needed.