Forum Discussion

ShariFabbi
Community Member
3 years ago

Video recording screen is off center

I am using Replay 360 to record a Teams meeting of a presentation. I've resized the screen to fit the area I want to record but it is off and is showing red recording lines. Can you help? 

• Hi, Shari.

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry you're having issues recording your screen with Replay 360!

Here are a few questions to help you troubleshoot:

• Are you using a second monitor?
    • Is the resolution of your monitor(s) set to 100% scale (96 DPI)?
    • Have you attempted to repair Replay 360?
    JimLoughlin
    Community Member

Hi Maria,

I am having an issue similar to this as well. I am using 2 monitors connected to my laptop via a docking station. But I only want to record one of the displays. When I am finished recording I can see the red lines and about 1/4 of the the screen on my other monitor. I have tried to reposition the displays in Windows but then Replay cuts off some of the screen that I am trying to record. 

I have checked the setting for my monitors resolution scale and it is set to 100%. 

Do you know what could  be causing this?

Jim

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue, and thanks for checking the DPI setting of your screens. 

I would like to do some tests to help isolate the cause of the behavior. As a troubleshooting step, please try disconnecting your second monitor to see if this makes any difference with your screen recordings. While this isn't a solution, this test will help us confirm if the behavior you're experiencing is caused by having a second monitor connected to your machine. 

If disconnecting the second monitor doesn't change anything, try repairing your Replay 360 installation. Let us know how it goes!

JimLoughlin
        Community Member

Hi Jose,

I have disconnected the two monitors from my docking station and the screen recording seemed to work fine on my laptop screen. Is there a fix for this? I would like to drag windows from another screen while recording my tutorial.

Sincerely,

Jim Loughlin

JimLoughlin
    Community Member

Hi Jose,

I have disconnected both of my monitors and only used my laptop screen. Replay seems to be recording the screen correctly now.

• When I removed the player the embedded video displays centered. I don't know why, but try it out to see if it works for you.