Forum Discussion

JaclynJGish
Community Member
19 days ago

Video Scrub bar not working in LMS

Hello! 

I've built a Storyline file that contains 9 videos. They are each quite long, so I want learners to be able to scrub through them by dragging the playhead. I've enabled the player settings to allow for this. All works well in Review360 and in preview, but the functionality disappears when it is zipped and uploaded as a SCORM package to our LMS (Oracle). I've tried to launch the course in Edge and Chrome with the same result. When I click on the playbar or attempt to drag the playhead, the video starts over. Any ideas about what might be going on here? 

JaclynJGish
    12 days ago

As an update: I was only able to get scrubbing to work with publishing video quality set to adaptive, resulting in an enormous file. It appears to be an issue isolated to the LMS Oracle.

• Hi Jaclyn,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the video when uploaded to your LMS. Have you tried testing your course in a different LMS to confirm if the behavior you're experiencing is specific to your LMS? SCORM Cloud is a great environment that you can use for this purpose. Here's how to test your course on this platform: 

If you can replicate the behavior in SCORM Cloud, would you be willing to upload a copy of your project file here or privately by opening a support case so we can look at it? We'll delete it when we're done testing! 

JaclynJGish
      Community Member

Hi Eric. Thanks for the information. I was not able to replicate the behavior in SCORM cloud, so there is something happening in our LMS. I'm going to do some more troubleshooting around file compression and size on my end. 

JaclynJGish
        Community Member

As an update: I was only able to get scrubbing to work with publishing video quality set to adaptive, resulting in an enormous file. It appears to be an issue isolated to the LMS Oracle.

JaclynJGish
      Community Member

I had to make it Static, set on 2 because the video files were so massive. Is that causing the problem?

Jürgen_Schoene_
        Community Member

"Static video" (.mp4)  should work fine on any modern web server

JaclynJGish
    Community Member

Ok. Strange. I'll look into replicating the issue in the SCORM cloud as Eric suggested above and see where I can go from there. Thanks, Jurgen.