Forum Discussion

JimOwen-f418d1f
Community Member
7 months ago

Web object not working

I have an project which uses a web object. The web object contains some html, CSS and JavaScript. When publishing to my local machine, it works well. However, I uploaded the project to AWS, and though the SL project runs, the web object cannot be found.

(At first I realized this was because my web object was still pointing to my local drive. So I uploaded the html/JS to AWS as well and hard-coded the path to its index.html into my web object. But this still does not work.)

With my web object now set to the AWS folder's index.html, this works fine when running from my local machine. But running from my phone still doesn't see it. I have tried three different browsers, all with the same results. 

I have triple-checked my web object's URL, and it does work when running from "Publish" in SL. What am I missing? Sample .story attached.

Thanks,

- Jim

(P.S. Usually when I look at existing Heroes posts under suggested content, I'm seeing posts OVER A DECADE OLD with the same issue and usually a suggestion to post it as a feature request. ??? What are you guys doing over there for our $100/month? Doesn't this embarrass you?)