Forum Discussion

JulieRookard
Community Member
2 months ago

Web object with "replace picture"

I have inserted a web object with a link to an external website. I used the "replace picture" with a graphic to instruct the user to click on the link.

When I view in Storyline, it looks fine (see Last Slide Web Object 2 image); when I test in Rise I see Last Slide Web Object. 

What am I doing wrong? And, I thought the user would click the web object and it would open the URL in the screen, but nothing happens.

AaronPross
    Community Member

Hi Julie,

I have a couple of questions. You say it works in Storyline but not Rise.  Are you importing the same Storyline block into Rise? 

Are you using the web object just to link to an external site?  

Let us know when you can.
    Thx
    AP

JulieRookard
    Community Member

Not sure what you mean by importing the same Storyline block into Rise?

Yes, I need the web object to open a link to an external site. Ideally, I would like it to open within the same slide and not as another tab.

AaronPross
    Community Member

I'm sorry. I got a little ahead of myself.  Your screenshot looks like a Storyline 360 results slide.  Did you mean Review 360 instead of Rise?

AaronPross
    Community Member

Would you be willing to take just the results slide of your story file and add it here?  Without understanding the whole issue I'd just be guessing.  You won't be able to have the site open within your course, but you can have it popup in a new window.

AaronPross
    Community Member

Hi Julie,

So what I would do is have the button open a layer on top of the two results layers.  You can add instructions to have the learner close the layer once they have completed the survey.  I've attached the solution I came up with.  Take a look. Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck!
    AP