Forum Discussion

KristenBjork
Community Member
2 years ago

Weird characters instead of spaces

Hi all,

I need to fix this asap. I am getting strange characters where spaces should be in my output even though they look fine while they are being created. See the image. I need to fix this asap.

Thanks!

• Hi Kristen. Two questions: (1) What font type are you using? (2) Where is this appearing (menu? slide level?)

KristenBjork
    Community Member

I am using Arial and I am not sure how to answer the second question. The strange part is that I have created a number of subfiles from an original PPT and most of them do not show this issue.

• Ah...I've come across a number of people who experience formatting issues when using Arial type font. Are you able to substitute it for a similar font like Lato?

Oh, the second question was basically to help me understand where you are seeing the problem: in a text box on the slide itself, or on a slide title in the menu (assuming you set the player font to Arial)

DanielCanave618
      Community Member

Yes, but only assuming you have Arial currently set as your Theme Font within the Design tab. If not, then unfortunately you'll have to update each instance.

DanielCanave618
        Community Member

Actually, I take that back! Looks like there is a feature for just that: