Forum Discussion

OliviaTarasewic
Community Member
2 years ago

When you import .story file, is there a way to see the original Player settings?

Background: Hired an external company to create Storyline courses for our LMS. We are noticing now that courses are shown as incomplete if learners skip the navigation slide (i.e., how to navigate the course). Learners don't want to watch this slide for each of the 5 courses they are taking which is understandable. I opened imported the .story file into Storyline and changed the reporting/tracking settings. I exported the project as a SCORM file and re-uploaded it into our LMS. When I re-upload the SCORM I noticed that the player is not the same. The layout, colour, and buttons/tabs are all different. Also, we had a Resource tab with PDFs that is gone as well. I assumed when I imported the original .story file all of the player settings would be there. Is there a trick or workaround for this?

• Hi Olivia,

I’m happy to jump in and help out here! I have a follow-up question regarding the files so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

Did the external company create the course or did they update a previously existing course? If they updated the course, the original story file you shared with them should have the old player settings saved in it.

Also, they could have saved the old player settings using the Current Player button in the Player Properties. Here's a screenshot of the menu.

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!