Forum Discussion

JennyWang-924ce
Community Member
12 months ago

Which Articulate app is the best for simple Intranet demo?

Hello there, we want to create a simple intranet demo, and wonder which Articulate app would be the quickest to use, Replay 360, Storyline, Studio or else? 

Our intention:

Need: 

- Show users where to click on the website 

- Highlight certain areas on each page to explain the features

- Audio/voice-over is needed

- Subtitles/captions are needed for different languages 

A simple animation of the mouse clicking on a link would be nice

NO need: 

- There are no processes to show. Simply importing screenshots and explaining each screen would do 

- No need to show the presenters in a video

Thank you very much!

Jenny 

• Hi Jenny! Welcome to the community! 👋 Thanks for providing a quick look at what you're looking to do. So helpful! There are probably a few different ways to approach this, but since you need closed captions as well as a few other features like highlighting areas, I think Storyline 360 might be your best bet.

Using your list of needs, here are some ideas:

- Show users where to click on the website (you can use a callout for them to click themselves and add a trigger to progress forward. Here's an example of that.)

- Highlight certain areas on each page to explain the features (You can use a transparent overlay to darken the other areas and leave only a certain area visible. You can also use the outline of a shape or an arrow, whatever you prefer.)

- Audio/voice-over is needed (You can record your own audio, insert audio files, or even use our text-to-speech options....we actually just added new neural voice options!)

- Subtitles/captions are needed for different languages (You can add closed captions depending on which method you use above, such as audio tracks or text-to-speech.) 

- A simple animation of the mouse clicking on a link would be nice (You can add a mouse cursor to your slide to create a simulation. Here's more info on how to do that.)

This is just one idea! But thought I'd share. Perhaps the community might have other even quicker solutions. 

• Hello Sarah, thanks so much for your detailed response. Super helpful!!! I will use Storyline then.