Forum Discussion

el_mundo
Community Member
13 days ago

Get data from Storyline 360 into .csv or .txt

Hi there,
we've built a Storyline 360 course and now there is the request to save / export
* IP-Address
* date/time
* confirmation of clicks

into any kind of file, to prove users have read a specific document and agreed to the "term of use".

Is that possible using java somehow? To be honest, I'm a complete newbe with respect to that, so I appreciate any kind of help/ideas how to realize it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards Wolfgang

Kamil_Nowek_11
    Community Member

The question is if you (as an administrator) need to storage information from all users somewhere in one place or it is enough if users can generate a printable certificate at the end of the training with all needed information and show to you to confirm if needed. To generate certificate I would recommend jsPDF library. For first approach - if google drive is not an option, you probably need to create any database on your own. Or there is also an option to add all information to suspend data and then take it from LMS database. 

el_mundo
    Community Member

Sorry, I meant javascript 🙈.
    Good to know that export to txt-files is possible, as Google might bring issues with its data-use-policies. Thanks for that information.

• First of all.... Java is not supported in Storyline. It is Javascript that you can use in Storyline.
    And all variables used in Storyline can be saved / exported to databases / Google Sheets and or text-files. To get that working you first need to know the basics of working with Javascript in Storyline, else you will be running into a lot of issues. Or ask/hire someone who knows Javascript in Storyline.