Audio Not Playing on Mobile Devices

Feb 14, 2022

Hello,

We recently published a Storyline 360 project to Review 360. We sent the project out to stakeholders via the Review 360 link. It seems that everyone reviewing on a mobile device cannot hear the audio within the project, except for the person who created and published the project to Review 360.

I learned that having the devices on silent may be the issue on another thread. So, I tried taking the phone off silent, allowing audio to play from the iPhone, and was successful. However, when I connected Bluetooth earbuds to the phone, the audio ceased playing again.

I've tested several other videos and audio files in various browsers and apps, all playing as expected. So, the issue seems isolated to Review 360.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Any guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Christina!

I'm happy to help! I understand audio isn't playing when a mobile device is connected to Bluetooth earbuds. Is it all of the audio in the courses or just a specific audio file?

I just tested this same setup on my end by publishing a course with a video to Review 360. I viewed the course on an iPhone using Safari and Bluetooth headphones. I was able to hear the audio. Are you using Safari as well?

Christina Brown

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your reply, you are correct. The audio is not playing when a mobile device is connected to Bluetooth earbuds.

I have tried viewing the course in Safari and Chrome, and the audio does not play when connected to Bluetooth earbuds. To clarify, the audio is not part of a video; it is just an audio file (mp3) of recorded voiceover. 

Thanks,

Christina