Inserted WebObject from local PC to Storyline, getting "Access Denied" on Review360

Mar 08, 2023

Hi,

I'm embedding an interactive video created with Camtasia into Storyline via "Insert WebObject" so that I can publish it onto Review360 and have my team leave their comments and feedback. The interactive video is saved on my local computer.

I have followed the instructions and changed the HTML file to Index, and have inserted the folder as a WebObject into my Storyline slide successfully. Even when testing, it works on my local browser.

The problem is when it is published onto Review360, it gives me an "Access Denied" error and the WebObject will not load.

My teammate followed the same process and was able to successfully load her interactive video on Review360 with no issues. Can someone help me identify what seems to be causing my issue?

Thanks.

4 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

You may not be selecting the correct folder or changing the wrong file to index. Here's a video that shows how to connect it. Also, I added a tip on how to create the interactive video in Storyline rather than Camtasia, in case you weren't aware you could do that.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/ed41bed1-10f9-414e-b795-c54ccb7eebd5/review

Yeniselle Lorie

Hi Tom, 

Thanks for the response, I'll check out the link you sent. As for the correct folder or changing the wrong file to index, I definitely have the right folder and I think I've changed the right file to index. Would you be able to confirm from my attached screenshot that the indexed file is correct?

The first file I tried to change to Index was Shipments Tool.html, and it gave me AccessDenied in Review360. Then I tried changing Shipments Tool_player.html to Index (as seen in the screenshot) and that still gave me the same AccessDenied error in Review360.

EDIT:

Hi Tom,

I just finished watching the video. Thank you for recording  that for me. 

I can confirm that I have followed the process of attaching a WebObject into Storyline to the tee. I've saved my interactive video the same way. Changed the correct HTML file to index. Attached as a WebObject. Folder is correct. It plays using the test link. And publishes with no issues onto Review360.

I would still get the AccessDenied page once the Review360 page is up (as seen in my attached screenshot). I have no idea what's causing this and I'm not as techy to understand the alphanumeric codes.

I appreciate you sharing how to create interactivity with a video within Storyline, but the interactivity I need to show from the video is only limited to video markers, table of contents and closed captions -- all created within Camtasia. If I need quizzing in my videos, I will definitely consider your suggestion.

Yeniselle Lorie

Hi Tom,

I just want to let you know that Articulate Tech Support Ian was able to solve my issue. Apparently, the default Camtasia folder the interactive video is being exported to is creating weird restrictions. 

Creating a new folder outside Camtasia's, setting that folder to not Read Only, and then cutting and pasting the interactive video contents into that new folder, did the trick. Storyline can now read the interactive video inside the new folder.

Thanks for your help and time, though! Appreciate it!

Luciana Piazza

So glad to hear that our colleague Ian was able to help you out, Yeniselle! 

We also appreciate you sharing the solution within your support case with the community. I'm sure it will be helpful for others that come across this thread in the future!

Hope that you have a great day and happy developing! ✨