Forum Discussion

BenoitDoidic172
Community Member
14 days ago

Google search results leading to "Access Denied"

I usually try to search for a solution to my issue before posting to the Articulate Community. I use Google, as most of us do.

But ever since the upgrade to the community platform, most Google search result links are dead. When I click them, about 90% of the time I am redirected to the E-learning Heroes homepage, and get the pop up warning, "Access Denied You do not have access to this area of the community or it doesn't exist".

I say 90% of the time, because sometime it works first try. Sometimes, clicking from Google works on the second try. It seems inconsistent.

Now I know that the issue is not "I do not have access" or "it doesn't exist", because when I search for the same discussion using the E-learning Heroes search bar, it finds the discussion and I can view it. But I prefer using Google search, not E-learning Heroes search.

Are links in Google search results always going to be dead? Are we waiting for Google to re-index the discussions due to the community platform upgrade?

• According to JudyNollet in this discussion, discussions that have not had activity in the last 3 years were not carried over in the migration. You can find older discussions (10+ old!) if there was recent activity, but if it was a stale discussion, it's gone.

This is a bummer, since there are many lingering bugs in Storyline, and I generally find old discussions that offer a workaround or fix. Now those discussions are only viewable using the Internet Archive. And soon those will be impossible to find, once Google starts re-indexing the E-learning Heroes site.