Forum Discussion

MarieAcree-30dc
Community Member
6 days ago

Spanish Translation

I am curious on solutions for Spanish translated Storyline courses. We are currently using branched scene for our Spanish Translated content. This has been working well for us but wanted to get other ideas how others may handle this. The only draw back we have found is the player. We know we can translate the player to any language but we need it to stay in English on the English branched scenes. Does anyone know how we can accomplish this? 

• Both Rise and Storyline limit you to one language for the Text Labels (that is, the messages the system displays, such as the warning if you click the Submit button before selecting a response to a quiz question). Thus, if you combine multiple languages into one project, some folks could see information in a language they didn't choose.

Here's the best solution I've seen for translated courses:

• Create a separate source (.story file or Rise project) for each language.
    • Publish each as a SCORM package.
    • Have someone with the proper coding skills wrap all those packages into one big SCORM package, with a starting page that allows the user to select a language. Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations about who does that sort of programming. 

Another option I've seen also involves publishing a separate SCORM package for each language. Those are then bundled into a curriculum within an LMS, with the settings adjusted so that the user only has to complete one of the courses to finish the curriculum. Of course, being able to do this depends on the LMS.