Issue publishing to Review

Nov 27, 2023

I've not been able to publish to Review since Friday. The error message reads:

Something went wrong. There was an error publishing your course. Please try again. (image attached for reference)

I submitted two tickets in regards to this, one of them today, and have received an out-of-office message from Support indicating they're back on Monday - that's today.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

5 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Agnieszka,

I'm sorry for your publishing issues and our delayed response; we're back from vacation and happy to serve you again! We fixed the auto-responder for our office closure, and you should not be receiving it again.

I appreciate the troubleshooting you've already applied. Testing this out, I encountered no issues when publishing a Rise 360 course to Review using the latest Google Chrome version (119.0.6045.160).

Publish to Review successful

To rule out a possible browser problem on your end, please try the steps below:

A) Clear your browser cache and cookies, then reaccess the course.

B) Use Incognito mode to rule out possible browser extensions that may be causing the problem.

C) Use a different browser; ensure your browser has the latest updates and JavaScript is enabled

Let me know how it goes, and I'll be more than happy to assist further!

Agnieszka Gorgon

Thank you for the suggestions. I cleared browser cache in Chrome and tried publishing to Review - error message.

I tried publishing while in Incognito - error message.

I tried Edge - error message. 

I am attempting this on my employer's VPN and my personal network. Errors all the way. 

My browsers are up to date. 

Any idea of what else I can try?

Agnieszka Gorgon

Additional update on this, for anyone who may also be experiencing this issue. Upon further testing, I discovered that other Rise courses were publishing to Review without an error message. I then created a copy of the course, and published to Review - it worked. 

For whatever reason, the original course is still unable to publish to Review, but the new copy of the course is working as expected. 

FYI.

Eric Santos

Hello Agnieszka,

Good job resolving the issue by duplicating the Rise course; thanks for sharing the solution with us! I'm happy that you were able to work with my teammate, Clara, in a support case, and I'm sharing her comments below on the reason why the solution worked for the benefit of our community members:

Duplicating the Rise course can definitely help with some of those weird issues that pop up. This is because some portion of media, link, or just how the course is housed on the server can become corrupt. It is rare, but we have seen it happen. Duplicating the course will force it to rebuild those connections.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know here or privately in a support case. We'll be happy to assist you!