Screen cap doesn't show captions/transcript when comment posted

Jun 09, 2023

I love the new caption and transcript features in Storyline and we're using them heavily in a module we're developing right now.  However that means we need detailed copy-editing to be sure they're accurate and we've been using Review 360 for all our change tracking needs thus far.  I assumed Review 360 would record a screenshot of the captions and transcript when I posted my change comments (see commenting screen), but it doesn't (see feedback reference). Since I can even get the feedback reference pictures to show mouse-over elements (see Feedback list), I was surprised that the transcripts and captions weren't saved.

Is this something that can be added to future development road maps?

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Amy,

Thanks for reaching out!

Captions aren't included as part of a course's Player, so I'm leaning towards this being the reason why the captions aren't shown when screen captures are included in Review 360. I opened a support case on your behalf so we can have our support team verify this for you. If it's an issue that needs to be reported to our product team, rest assured that they'll be on top of it as well!