Security Questions

Mar 24, 2022

We are being asked to not use Articulate Review until we can require unique credentials to every reviewer to access Review 360 to view the courseware. 

In the latest Roadmap, it states:

• Team Folders
    Organize your projects in shared team folders and grant access to specific users so stakeholders can find all the projects they need to review in one location.

When our IT team sees the "grant access to specific users", they believe the next review of Review 360 will allow us to create unique credentials for every reviewer to access a folder containing the courses requiring review.  (I read that as we can simply create a single URL to the folder instead of a URL for ever class in the folder.)

Please confirm if this really does mean we will be able to create unique credentials for every reviewer so I am able to help the training community be patient for the next release. (Do you have an estimate for the release date?)

Or, please confirm if this really means we will continue to only require a URL and optional password to access training for review. Then I will have confirmation that they need to continue to find a solution (because this isn't the solution they thought it was). (Are there any companies using IP filtering, using a Firewall, or other solutions you know of to make Review 360 more secure?)

Much appreciated everyone!

Michael

1 Reply
Andrea Koehntop

Hello Michael, and thank you for your questions!

Unfortunately, this feature on our roadmap isn't going to allow for unique credentials like your team is expecting. Team folders aim to make it easier for team members within a subscription to collaborate by adding a shared folder structure to make browsing easier. This solves the problem of authors going through the mundane task of sending a share link to stakeholders to make them aware of their content on Review 360.

Although we are planning to enhance security for Review in the future, this will only start after delivering Team Folders. It is still early enough that we cannot provide a specific ETA, but we'll keep you posted.

As for other companies and their approach, I would refer you to the community on external solutions that they've used to increase the security for Review. Currently, within Review, you can set a password for a Review content and only allow users with an AID to comment about regulating access to a certain level.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, Michael.