Sequence of Review 360 comments for Rise course

Jul 11, 2022

I'm hoping that I'm missing something simple. I'm using Review 360 to gather feedback about a Rise course. The comments on the right don't line up with the block on the left like they do in SL. I understand that it's likely impossible to align them since Rise is block-based and not screen-based like SL. But with the most recent on top, comments about the end of a lesson appear first so it can be hard to know what block is being commented on! Anyone find a good way to handle comments for a Rise course?? Thanks!

2 Replies
Julie Stelter

Carrie,

Unfortunately, I do not believe there is a way to change the sequence of the remarks. In addition, it's woeful that you have to use the thumbnail and the review tab to help figure out where the comment refers to. It is cumbersome to many of our content experts. Some strategies:

• I have resorted to writing comments within a paragraph block in red type, starting with a question #, the person's name, and then the question I have for them. The SME then writes the Q# and their response in the comments. This seems to help when I initiate the comment. Not so much for the user.
  • For the SME I ask that they copy and paste the header or a portion of the text they are referring to in the comment so that I can quickly find their comment. 
  • For the SMEs who really have trouble with the review tool I have facilitative discussions where we review/edit in real-time. This is very productive for content experts who need more guidance, get distracted by the details, or have trouble with the review tool.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Julie  

Carrie Eaton

Thanks, Julie. I was hoping that was something simple, but I DO understand that this ends up being a rather complex issue on the development side...it's not feasible to attach comments to each block because of blocks for dividers, etc.

Your second bullet is what I typically do with my comments for the SMEs/reviewers. I will ask them to do the same. And real-time reviews will also help.

I appreciate your taking the time to respond!