Articuate Rise - Can you publish a .zip file without the file being compressed?

I've spent the past 3 days investigating an issue with importing a published .zip file from Rise. After speaking with my LMS vendor they discovered that the .zip file extracted from Rise was automatically compressed. My LMS will not take a compressed file. Is there a way to publish from Rise without compression? I really don't want to have to unzip every published file and then rezip it without compression. Please help!

2 Replies
Dana Collins

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for the reply. We are implementing SuccessFactors LMS in the next couple of months. We are in discussion with our LMS support team now on how to resolve this issue. They were able to unzip the published Articulate Rise 360 file and rezip it without compression. Once this was done the file worked as expected in LMS. However, we have a ton of courses that we are re-creating in Articulate and we would prefer not to take this extra step. Also, we do not have any software capable of saving a zip file without compression. Getting new software approved is a lengthy process for us. We only have a few weeks until we implement this new LMS and don't have a lot of extra time.

If anyone is using the SuccessFactors LMS I'd love here about their experience.

Thanks,

Dana