Auto Sharing With Team Members

Sep 19, 2019

Hey all,

Does anyone know if Rise supports auto sharing of courses with team members? We should, as a team, be able to see all the courses and projects each other are working on however, it seems as if you can only see your teams projects if they add you as a collaborator. Is there a work around to this or is this how it is designed? If so, why?

16 Replies
Holley Berley

Hi Rory,

There isn't a way to auto-share in Rise.  I agree it can be cumbersome to go into each and every course and select each and every person to share with, but I understand the thought behind it - my Rise account is filled with prototypes that would just take up space in my colleagues' course lists. 

Still, I think it would be beneficial to have an easier way to share than by having to navigate all the way into each course's share settings. It would be great to have a selector on the main Rise screen where you can choose to share multiple projects, with multiple people, in just a few clicks.

Rory Sacks

I know the thought process, but when you think about it, the pitch of the product is easy creation, collaboration and review and in truth, none of those things are really easy when the way to add team members is so cumbersome. There are ways around it to see what people are working on especially with folder creation, if the instance is shared and the creates an organized way of sorting, colleagues can just go in to a folder to see finished products, reviewable courses, etc. It just seems rather counter productive to have a cloud based system with the ability to add team members without a way to see whatever one is working on. It would be nice where upon course creation (at that first instance) you get a prompt if you want to share this course with people on your team. 

Also, it would be great if the feature auto filled with the people on your team as you began to type. 

Rory Sacks

Thanks Alyssa,

In truth, the features you all are adding have been great and really needed. IMO this is a really important functionality that is lacking. I love that Articulate is making advancements to course creation in a cloudbased platform but for a lot of organizations, being able to see what people are working on at a glance or sharing a project is a high priority. Especially with deadlines that approach and you need an extra set of hands or someone is out unexpectedly of the office and project needs to keep moving. Like I said, management being able to see status of projects that are currently being worked on as well. Especially when you look at other programs like Elucidat, Gomo, Knowbly, Sparrow, etc. 

Rory Sacks

I was wondering if there was any advancement on this topic? Even if it's being able to share a folder upon creation (Folder Name > Share With). That way we can drag and drop content into a shared folder that team members can have access to but not be overwhelmed by our own prototypes and 'dummy' courses. Similar to how Google Drive functions.

Kim Wetzig

Checking in auto-sharing or a shared library feature. We are a large L&D team with many designers and maintenance of our courses/projects is extremely painful with the current functionality. Tracking down the owner is no fun if several people have worked on something, adding course managers isn't easy (there's a BUNCH of us). I'm open to suggestions how others are currently managing this. Also interested in an update on any new functionality that is on the runway that could alleviate these challenges. Thanks! 

Christopher Allen

We have a new team member joining next week and I'm not looking forward to going through several dozens courses to share them all individually. For our use, our team needs access to all courses, and there are no courses that shouldn't be accessed by the entire team. If there were a shared folder that could automatically grant Collaborator or Manager status to courses created or moved into it, it would save a lot of pain. 

Alesha Honnor

I agree, sharing courses in Rise is way more difficult than it should be. With over 100 courses to distribute, having to manually add each one to different accounts is ridiculous. Rise should make it easier to share content across accounts without having to jump through hoops. Sharing a login seems like the only feasible workaround for now. But frankly, Rise's lack of sharing capabilities makes me less likely to buy more subscription seats when this clunky manual process is the only option. They really need to step up and add auto-sharing features like the ability to share everything in a "Published Courses" folder across accounts. Even just for future-proofing, in case something happened to an author, it makes no sense that their completed content would be inaccessible. Rise needs to fix their platform's content sharing capabilities - it shouldn't be this difficult to distribute courses!

Kelly Blair

Hello!

I am also checking in regarding this feature. I have 2 new team members and over 100 courses in Rise. I would really love for there to be a more streamlined, automatic way to add them as contributors versus having to go into each individual module and make this selection. This would be a HUGE help!

Thank you!

Hazel Bartolome

Hi everyone! We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.