Character state not changing in Rise Scenario block

Jun 08, 2019

I am working on a course and using a scenario block. For several of the feedback responses, I have set the character to change her state (talking, thinking, confused) etc. When I preview the block or the course the state of the character does not change.

What could I be doing wrong?

14 Replies
Crystal Horn

Thanks for reaching out about your scenario block, Brian. After you make a selection in dialogue content, the character should reflect the state change and show the feedback text. 

First, make sure you're authoring in a supported browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari). If you are still seeing issues with state changes, would you mind sharing a link to your content with us here? We will examine your setup and let you know some next steps forward.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Sarah, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Scenario Block as well.

First, please make sure you're using the latest version of our supported browsers.

Next, you can try clearing your browser cache.

Lastly, could you please try duplicating the Scenario Block to see if that fixes it, or recreating the Scenario Block?

Jennifer Ormond

I'm having the same issue. I initially had duplicated a Rise course and edited the scenario block in the duplicated course. When I reviewed it, the state changes weren't happening so I found this thread and started to rebuild the scenario from scratch. This time I started to review as I added each scene and the state changes were working, but now I am in the 4th scene and they stopped changing again. This is a rebuild from scratch so I'm not sure why they are doing this. I did find the tutorial and when I go to delete the pre-formatted scenario it does not give me the option to delete the first scene. It only allows me to duplicate or edit the components in it. 

Lea Agato

Hi Jennifer! I'm sorry you're running into this issue. We'd like to take a closer look at your course. Would you be able to send us a copy so we can see what's happening?  If so, kindly open a support case here, and one of our customer support engineers will be in touch with instructions on how you can send us your course.  Thanks!