Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share!

We’ve just released an update for Review 360 which includes cool new features: 

New: Create shared team folders in Review 360 to organize your content, assign permissions, and invite collaborators. You can even allow multiple authors to publish new versions of a course to the same Review 360 project.

And because Review 360 is a web app, there's nothing to install! New features and fixes are available immediately.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

27 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Bene!

Collaborators can have one of three roles for a Rise 360 course:

• The Course Owner can do everything.
  • Course Manager can do everything except edit labels, transfer ownership, and delete the course. When a course manager publishes a course to Review 360, it's published to the course owner's account rather than the course manager's account. 
  • Course Collaborator can edit the course but doesn’t have access to Settings, Share, Review, or Export.

I hope that helps!

Karl Muller

Collaborators can have one of three roles for a course:

• A Course Manager can do everything except edit labels, transfer ownership, and delete the course. When a course manager publishes a course to Review 360, it's published to the course owner's account rather than the course manager's account. 
  • A Course Collaborator can edit the course but doesn’t have access to Settings, Share, Review, or Export.

Source: https://community.articulate.com/series/rise-360/articles/rise-360-work-on-a-course-with-other-team-members 

Liesa Rock

Hi,

How can I share a Rise 360 course so another person can update it at a future date, e.g. at a periodic review date?

If collaborators cannot access the share, review export etc options, it appears they cannot save to version 2.

How can I ensure someone else can amend the course if I am away/left the company?  Or will it have to be recreated as a new course?

Renz Sevilla

Hi Liesa! There are two ways for you to share your course, here's an article on the difference between collaborative authoring and sending a copy of the course.

If you'd like to maintain ownership of the course but allow someone to work on the original, please choose collaborative authoring

Collaborators can have one of three roles for a course:

• Course Manager can't edit labels, transfer ownership, set a Share password, or delete the course. 
  • Course Collaborator can't access any of the options in Settings, Share, Review, or Export. They can only edit the course. 

If you'd like to send an independent copy for someone else to own and edit: 

- Go to your Rise 360 dashboard,
    - Click the ellipsis (...) for the course you want to share
    - Select Send a copy from the menu that appears.

send

Liesa Rock

Thank you Renz...this is very helpful.  It seems the recipients receive a link and the course will appear in their Rise dashboards.  I am assuming I can also save the link in a reference document for all recipients to access at the time it is needed.  I fear the confirmation email may get lost if 3 years pass but if it is in a reference document, I can save this with the other source files, plus they have a copy in their dashboard.   

Karl Muller

Hi Liesa,

When the course owner adds a collaborator to a course, the collaborator will receive an email informing them of this action. And as you mentioned, the course will appear in the dashboard of that collaborator.

The link in the email will only work to provide access to that single collaborator. It will not work to provide access to other authors.

Each collaborator needs to be added separately by entering their email address. 

Marcia Witt

Hi!

Recently we had a staff leave who did not transfer ownership of one of their courses. As a listed course manager on that course, I was able to duplicate the course and I am listed as the new owner on the copy. That is useful for administering the course moving forward. Other than making a copy and losing the audit trail of reviews, are there other best practices the community has for this situation?

Karl Muller

Hi Marcia,

If your organization has an Articulate 360 Teams account, a person in your organization has the role to administer the seats you have signed up for.

So if someone leaves  the organization without transferring ownership of all their courses, your Articulate 360 teams account administrator has the ability to assign all of the courses of the outgoing to member to any other team member. The link below provides detailed information about this.

See https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-360-teams/articles/articulate-360-teams-managing-content-when-users-leave-your-team 

Stephen Wilhite

Do Course Managers need to have the Articulate 360 desktop app in order to publish a new version of an existing course to Articulate Review? We're finding that our users who do not have the desktop app can only publish as a new project. Or is there some other licensing issue perhaps?

Lea Agato

Hi Stephen, Rise 360 is an online tool and doesn't need the Articulate 360 Desktop app to publish courses.  Are your users having trouble publishing using Rise 360 or another Articulate 360 app? Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what the users are seeing when they try to publish a course? Thanks!

Stephen Wilhite

Thanks for the reply, Lea. I attached an image of the specific part of the workflow in question. The people who were not previously seeing the "Publish new version of existing" option are now seeing it, which raises another question: does each Collaborator publish to a different Review site when publishing? In other words, is it possible that we'll end up with multiple review sites for the same course if multiple collaborators are publishing?

Lea Agato

Hi Stephen, in order to publish a course, a collaborator must be assigned as a Course Manager.  Course collaborators will not have the option to publish a course and will only have the ability to edit it.

When a course manager publishes a course for Review 360, the published course will always be saved in the course owner's Review 360.  This is true whether the user selects Create a new item or Publish a new version of an existing item in the publish settings.

Mark Rash
Karl Muller

Hi Marcia,

If your organization has an Articulate 360 Teams account, a person in your organization has the role to administer the seats you have signed up for.

So if someone leaves  the organization without transferring ownership of all their courses, your Articulate 360 teams account administrator has the ability to assign all of the courses of the outgoing to member to any other team member. The link below provides detailed information about this.

See https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-360-teams/articles/articulate-360-teams-managing-content-when-users-leave-your-team 

Hi Karl,

My department has a two-seat Articulate Teams subscription. One of those users is leaving the organization, which will free up that seat. Meanwhile, the person who will be taking over that individual's work has her own individual (non-Teams) license. Is it possible for us to add the user with the individual license to our Teams subscription in a way that consolidates her existing content AND the content of the person who is leaving?

That's far from the clearest question I've ever asked, so good luck (and thanks) in advance!

-Mark

Karl Muller

Hi Mark,

Collaboration is only available to users with a Teams license. 

The courses of the person leaving can be assigned to another member with a Team license. 

You can assign the vacant teams seat to the person with an individual license. That will allow collaboration on all of your organization courses.

The issue then is what do you do with the individual license?

Marianne Seidler

Is there a way for course managers to publish to the same version in Review 360? We do not want to create multiple copies of the course in Review. When we tried transferring ownership to a course manager, they could only publish a new version of the course, which did not have the feedback comments from the previous version. We need to be able to change owners without losing the comments.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Marianne! If you're a course manager, you'll only have the option to create a new item when publishing to Review 360, since the existing item isn't in your own Review 360 dashboard. You can only publish a new version of an existing course that exists on your own dashboard. 

I can understand how that functionality is challenging for your team, and your feedback is really helpful. We'll let you know if we make changes to collaborating in Review 360 in the future!

Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share!

We’ve just released an update for Review 360 which includes cool new features: 

New: Create shared team folders in Review 360 to organize your content, assign permissions, and invite collaborators. You can even allow multiple authors to publish new versions of a course to the same Review 360 project.

And because Review 360 is a web app, there's nothing to install! New features and fixes are available immediately.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

Angelo Cruz

Hi Emma! If the owner of a course decides to cancel their subscription or let it expire, their content will no longer be accessible to the collaborators.

You're correct, in that scenario, it would be best to request copies of the course before their subscription expires. You can check out this article to know what you need to do before canceling a subscription or letting it expire.

I hope this helps!