Continue button not working properly in Rise

Apr 30, 2021

Is there an issue with Rise today? I have a continue divider that is not working in one section. There are no restrictions set. When I click continue the Continue button it disappears and then nothing happens. I cant move on from that point. This in preview mode and when published.  

9 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi Michelle! Thanks for reaching out! I've tested this in the latest version of Chrome in a brand new course. Everything seems to be working normally regarding the Continue button.

Could you please try removing the Continue block button and re-add this in?

If you're still having trouble, please make sure you're using the latest version of your browser and then clear the browser cache.

Here's how to do it for your browser: 

Let me know if you still have trouble!

Michelle Prince

It's all set now. I think the problem was that I had a line divider under the continue button. It was not intentional so I didn't notice it. After removing it, the continue button worked fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

Crystal Horn

Hello, Mubaraka! Following up on your question, the continue button block will work with certain blocks that require interaction:

You can use continue blocks to require learners to complete carousel blocks, checkbox lists, audio blocks, video blocks, accordions, tabs, labeled graphics, processes, sorting activities, flashcards, knowledge checks, and scenario blocks. (Although button blocks and attachment blocks are interactive, you can’t require learners to click them.)

Terje Klausen

Hello, I'm having a similar problem. I have published a course and several learners are using it. I now receive feedback from learners that certain "continue" buttons do not appear in the lesson. I have tested this with most browsers, deleted cashe, restarted the browser etc. In a couple of cases I have been able to recreate the problem. It seems that the progress bar/divider quite randomly does not appear, even if all blocks are completed. When this happens, there's no way to go past it and continue the course. I have to create new users for each learner that runs into the problem. Any tip on why this happens?