Course Loading Speed

Apr 10, 2024

/Hi Articulate Storyline and Rise Gurus,

We are currently experiencing painfully slow loading times for our Articulate Rise Courses in our LMS (Docebo).

Despite each Articulate Rise course being no more than 3-5MB in size, it takes 10 seconds or more to load a course.

Just to clarify, there are no videos or audio in the course. It's mostly just text.

Can someone advise on how to resolve this?

Please find below screen recordings of the slow course loading times:

3 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi LC Academy!

Sorry to hear you've run into this issue!

I noticed that you've also opened a support case being handled by my teammate, Robert. It looks like Robert replied to your e-mail requesting copies of the Rise courses for testing on our end.

We can continue troubleshooting through your case to keep all information in one spot.

Rippling U

Hi,

I think this is a larger issue that might be affecting other customers.

We are also noticing slow load times of SCORM files in our LMS (Skilljar). Please keep us posted on the issue and resolution too. We haven't changed anything in how we export and serve files in our LMS. The same files that were loading fine earlier in the year are now very slow to open and load all of the elements. The UX seems very slow and is negatively affecting the learner experience on our site. We noticed the slow load times about 1-2 weeks ago (April 2024) in case that timeframe helps your engineering team investigate the issue. Thanks!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Rippling U,

Happy to look into this for you!

Can I ask if you've tried testing how your course behaves in a different LMS to test the issue? You can test your course in SCORM Cloud to compare how fast it will load there.

If the loading times are the same in your LMS and SCORM Cloud, please open a case with our support team here so we can look at your course to investigate what could be causing the slow loading times.