Disable the Foward Audio Option on Rise

Aug 26, 2019

When we add the "Continue" button I select the option "Complete All Blocks Above" unfortunately the audio can still be skipped by the user is there a way to make the user listen to the complete audio and not allowing them to forward the audio. We have that option on Storyline.

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Daniela!

Thanks for letting us know you need an option to disable forward seeking in a Multimedia Audio block.

While that's not currently a feature in Rise 360, you could always build the audio interaction in Storyline, then embed it using a Storyline Block. You can even require learners to complete the audio in the Storyline block before moving forward. 

Let me know if that alternative would work for you!

Kenneth Minnich, M.Ed.

It's actually quite easy to disable audio skipping in Rise, but you can only do it after publishing by editing the index.html file (or, if you're publishing for web, you'd edit the story.html file).

Simply add the following CSS to the index.html file, within the style section:

.audio-player__tracker {

cursor: none;

pointer-events: none;

}

That will allow users to play the audio using the play button, but it will completely disable their ability to click on the seekbar.

Matt Humphries
Kenneth Minnich, M.Ed.

It's actually quite easy to disable audio skipping in Rise, but you can only do it after publishing by editing the index.html file (or, if you're publishing for web, you'd edit the story.html file).

Simply add the following CSS to the index.html file, within the style section:

.audio-player__tracker {

cursor: none;

pointer-events: none;

}

That will allow users to play the audio using the play button, but it will completely disable their ability to click on the seekbar.

Hey there! This is the first comment I've seen that actually proposed a real solution to this problem, so I'd love to get your help if possible. Hopefully you see this as your comment is already over a year old 😅

I tried doing what you suggested, but after uploading the SCORM file to my LMS and previewing the Rise course, the edit I made to the HTML file prior to uploading didn't seem to work. See attached screenshot for where I placed it in the html code.

A few notes:

a) I wasn't certain whether it should be placed near the top or bottom of the body

b) The indentation of the code may be off, as I'm on my work laptop and only have access to Notepad rather than Notepad++, meaning when I indented the code it didn't exactly align with the code above

c) I mimicked the single-line appearance of the code within the HTML file rather than having the code appear on separate lines as in your original comment - unsure if this negatively affected things

Would really appreciate any input you or someone else reading this might be able to offer - thanks!