Does Rise have the feature of "find and replace"?

Sep 21, 2020

Hello all,

I am going to find and replace a word with some other word in RISE. Do you know if RISE has the same feature/tab as Storyline 360 that can find and replace the word throughout the whole course? I couldn't find any post related to this  RISE issue. 

Thank you very much in advance!

Phoebe

70 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Amy,

I have a workaround that provides a 50% solution.

Under Course / THEME / Navigation settings I turn on the Search function.

Then I preview the course, select Search and enter the text that I'm looking for.

Rise will search the course and list all locations/lessons that have a matching phrase/word, and list how many times that phrase/word occurs in each lesson. If you follow the link to each lesson, Rise will highlight each matching occurrence.

I then open the same course in a different tab in Edit mode, and when I find one occurrence in Preview mode, I find and make the change in Edit mode.

While you still have to go back to Edit Mode and manually make the replacement edits, the ability to find occurrences and locations is still valuable to me

Tanya Corlett

This is what we do as a workaround.

I launch RISE 360 in Chrome and open the module I'm interested in in EDIT mode. Then using Ctrl+F (Find) or choosing Settings -> Find I put the word I'm looking for in the search box.

This then gives me a navigable structure that allows me to move around the open document.

When I see the word I'm looking for I can immediately overtype the word. Or, where we have a phrase to replace, I'll put the replacement phrase or word in a Notepad document then copy and paste it from NotePad over the text to overwrite the occurrence.

This is quite fast and saves having to have two copies of the Rise module open at the same time.

I haven't tried it yet, but you can export content from RISE in an XLIFF format for translation and I was wondering if the export file could be opened in an Editor, then find and replace applied, then reimport the changed XLIFF file. 

Regards, Stan.