Does Sorting Activity in Rise 360 work with screen readers?

Apr 29, 2022

Hello, it's great that the sorting activity in Rise 360 works with keyboard only for accessibility. I don't seem to be able to get the sorting activity to work with NVDA screen reader. Is this something that is known and in the roadmap, or can you tell me how this works? 

11 Replies
Courtney Campbell

Is there an update to this issue? It’s been several months. Many desirable activities are not accessible because they don’t work with screen readers. When testing the card sort with NVDA, the grey cards where we sort the terms to do NOT announce what we’ve titled them. They read as “blank.” This is pretty disappointing. 

Steven Benassi

Hi Molly!

Thanks for checking in on this!

I don't have any updates to share as our development team has been prioritizing other fixes. Not to worry! I've included you in the bug report and will update this discussion as soon as we have news to share.

For your reference, here's a deeper look at how we tackle bugs.

Janene Brown

Hi All,

Thanks for asking the question everyone and for keeping us updated. I'm finding an ever increasing emphasis on inclusion and diversity, so it's increasingly important to be able to use this block. It's a fun block and learners respond well to it, however I avoid using it as it doesn't meet requirements. 

Looking forward to a resolution soon, otherwise might have to look at other dev solutions. Fingers crossed.