Fill in the blank question - no right answer

Jan 31, 2022

Is there a way to have a fill in the blank question with no right or wrong answer, so once answered there is a response but it doesn't show "incorrect". I'm trying to find a work-around for a reflection or essay type response. 

I have tried to embed a Google Form but it does not look pretty. If that is the only other solution and someone has instructions or an example so it doesn't look so disjointed I'd appreciate it! None of the existing support threads I've seen have broken it down enough for my understanding.

44 Replies
Nicole Edwards

I was looking for the same feature--ability to add a reflection question after seeing it in a project management course. What I did was add a storyline interaction (essay survey question), uploaded to Review360, then imported the question into Rise. It isn't pretty and isn't scalable, but it will work for what I need right now

Danielle Friedenberg

I agree that with the blank question (as with any question type), there should exist the option of "no incorrect answer" so that the learner can input and receive feedback that is neither "right" or "wrong'. This feature is important given all the research that shows the importance of reflection, or of recalling prior or existing knowledge to learning. But, it needs to be done in a safe environment. In addition, not all questions have right or wrong answers. For example: "What do you think about.."

Lea Agato

Hi Andrew,

You can add a Storyline block by following these steps:

1. First, publish your Storyline course to Review 360.
  2. Then, in Rise 360, edit an existing lesson or create a new one.
  3. Insert an interactive Storyline block: click All blocks > Interactive > Storyline.
  4. Click the Browse Articulate 360 button in the Storyline block.
  5. Select the Storyline course you want to use from your Articulate 360 projects.

Click here to watch a video demonstration. I hope this helps!

Floyd Pouncil

Echoing these sentiments. I just encountered this issue and it is very important for learners to be able to interact with the course this way and not receive an "Incorrect" response and instead just receive feedback. Reflection is critical for learning and this is a huge impediment to learners have a good experience with any RISE course.