Forcing a video to complete

Aug 06, 2020

I have an embedded video (streams from Vimeo). Without a CONTINUE block after the video, the lesson shows as completed upon entry. With the block, it shows at 50% completion. But the learner can still click the CONTINUE button without ever watching the video. How can I force completion of the video before getting completion credit for the lesson?

15 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Chris,

If the video is uploaded into the course itself, there is an option on the Settings tab to Allow forward seeking. If this box is unchecked and used with a Continue button, the student must watch the video for the Continue block to unlock using the Complete block directly above option.

Elisha Van Deventer

I have disabled forward navigation in videos and the comment about the continue button being locked until the user watches the entire video is not true for me. 
Also, if the continue button is not added to the lesson, the user still can scroll down and click the down arrow moving them to the next lesson.  We have a quiz / acknowledgement at the end, but it does not prevent the learner from skipping lessons.