French Translation for Labels

Apr 21, 2021

Hi,

I used French to create custom labels for one of our courses, however, the 'Submit' button related to quiz questions in the course is not translating to 'valider' as it should be.  I've attached a screen shot.  Can you help with this please.  All other labels have been translated properly.   thank you!

Mickey

Pinned Reply
11 Replies
Mickey Tortorelli

HI Alyssa,

I have viewed the translated labels in editing mode.  As I mentioned, the only label that was not translated in editing mode was the 'submit' button and then when switching to preview mode it was translated.  I've attached a file where you can see the 'Continue' button is translated, but the 'submit' button is not, and this is in Edit mode.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Mickey, thanks for your screenshot!

That continue button looks like it was manually translated and not translated by our labels.

In our default French labels, it is set to "continuer", while your continue button says "poursuivez".

This may have been manually edited in the Edit Section of the Continue Block:

The translations for labels should only render in Preview mode or when published. Hope that helps!

Catherine Boutin

Hello, thank you for this exchange, it helped me answer that very same question. However, there is still an issue with the label "Read More" for the embedded weblinks. Even in Preview mode, and also in Review mode, the label does not translate into French. However, I do see the proper "En savoir plus" label in the course settings. How do I correct this?

Jose Tansengco

Hello Catherine, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag! 

We are currently tracking a known issue that causes the words "Read More" to not be translated in embedded content inside a Process Block. I've added this post to the report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released. Here's a quick look at how bugs are fixed in Rise 360.