Full screen button

Oct 31, 2019

I've just put in a request (Feature Request Number: 02022240) for a full screen button which would toggle fullscreen on and off for the entire module for any module embedded in an iframe (assuming the right permissions have been granted by the html parent).

I'm using Rise 360 as SCORM 1.2 packages in Moodle, having them open in a new window is poor for accessibility and when they are embedded, there is a lot of  space taken up by the surrounding elements, so the amount of screen space the iframe has available is a lot less than the screen has.

Having a button which could show the module in the full screen that users could toggle on or off would make the modules much more readable and useable.

13 Replies
Filipe Adão

Hey guys!

I just found a brief solution for viewing SCORM full screen in Moodle using javascript. My blog is in Portuguese, but it is well explained with images and codes so that you can apply even without being developers.

I hope it helps!

https://www.filipeadao.com/post/articulate-storyline-como-colocar-o-scorm-em-tela-cheia-no-moodle

Filipe Adão

Hey guys!

I just found a brief solution for viewing SCORM full screen in Moodle using javascript. My blog is in Portuguese, but it is well explained with images and codes so that you can apply even without being developers.

I hope it helps!!!

https://www.filipeadao.com/post/articulate-storyline-como-colocar-o-scorm-em-tela-cheia-no-moodle

Fabian Koeninger

The problem is that I configured Moodle to work as a progressive web app, which means that the web app can be installed similar to an app on a smartphone. The benefit is that it will remove the address bar and make it appear more as a mobile app. The normal behaviour for Moodle to open a SCORM package in a new window it to open it in a pop-up window, which is usually blocked by default for most of the phones, especially with iPhones. This setting can be changed but I'm worried that many users won't be able to change the settings. 
So instead of display the scorm package in a new window it would be great to have a button, similar to the Exit course button, to toggle Fullscreen mode, as the navbar of the lms takes a lot of space, especially on smaller screens.

Crystal Horn

Hey Ashley! I'm sorry we missed updating you here. We don't have plans in the near future to add an option to force full screen for Storyline blocks in your Rise 360 courses. On mobile, that content will open full screen, but on desktop, the user still has control over the browser size. 

Thanks for the bump on this thread, James! We moderate all discussions, even older ones. We make sure to reply if there's something useful we can offer. Happy to help!