Hanging Indent in Rise

Jul 13, 2018

Hi, 

I'm wondering if there is a way to input a hanging indent in Rise. I am currently working on a project involving teaching proper citation formatting in MLA and APA, and hanging indents are an integral part of this process! 

Thanks so much. 

26 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome to the community! 

While there isn't a feature that explicitly adds a hanging indent available at this time, I've shared your insight with our product team!

There are a few ways to accomplish that, though!

Let me know what you think! Additionally, feel free to share any other thoughts you may have here or through our Feature Request form – we're all ears! 

Jenna Benefiel

So far, my workaround is creating a .html file and customizing the text that way. I would then upload it in an FTP and generate a URL so I can create an iframe and embed it in Rise. For those that don't have an FTP to upload to, the initial reply from staff is the only alternative I can think of. And even then, tabbing/spacing isn't very responsive friendly. Uploading a document doesn't give the best learning experience either if text formatting (like APA/MLA formatting) is an important topic. I hope this is helpful for folks out there.