How to create a Rise course where the user can select their preferred language

Jan 20, 2022

I'm looking for assistance or a Rise template that requires the user to select their own language before being able to move on.  I have a course translated into 5 languages, but how do I put them all together into one course, with one scorm export?  Thank you!

7 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi Isolde! If you want to have all the languages available in a Rise course, you can create different sections in a course for each language and create a menu using a button stack to navigate to the selected language. Here’s a sample course that I created with this concept.  The text labels in your course, however, will only be in one language. I hope this helps!

Karl Muller

Hi Isolde,

You need to tell the Rise course what criteria to use to determine course completion.

Rise gives you three course completion tracking options on the EXPORT page:

• Tracking using course completion. This requires you to set a percentage of the entire course that a student needs to view. As you are dealing with multiple languages, each student will complete only a part of each course. However, Spanish uses about 20% more characters than English, so which percentage would you use? 
  • Track using quiz result. This option allows you to use a single quiz to determine course completion. This won't work for multiple languages. 
  • Track using Storyline block. This option allows you to use a single Storyline block to determine course completion. You will have to devise a completion method that works equally for all languages.