How to hide acceptable answers in quiz

May 05, 2022

I was wondering if it was possible to hide the acceptable answers fo rthe fill in the blank questions? Once the person enters their answer, I don't want them to see the "acceptable answers". 

22 Replies
Diane Thomas

Hello, I need to turn off the "reveal answers" function for fill in the blank questions in the Knowledge Check blocks. Is this possible? I need my learners to keep answering each knowledge check question until they get them right. (I am creating a scavenger hunt style game using the knowledge check blocks to get staff to explore a new online resource.)

Andrew Hoey

Hi Articulate, I have seen that this feature has been requested by users for 3 years now. What does it take for a product update to happen?

If you use the 'fill in the blank' knowledge check and the user answers incorrectly, it currently just gives them the answer. This is incredibly frustrating.

It's not possible to use a quiz block because that only provides multiple choice and multiple answer questions.

thanks

Vilma Pen
Andrew Hoey

Hi Articulate, I have seen that this feature has been requested by users for 3 years now. What does it take for a product update to happen?

If you use the 'fill in the blank' knowledge check and the user answers incorrectly, it currently just gives them the answer. This is incredibly frustrating.

It's not possible to use a quiz block because that only provides multiple choice and multiple answer questions.

thanks

Dear Articulate team, I just want to say that the solution to this problem is needed really urgently. 

Pamela Sawyer

Hi - As a follow-up to these responses, I agree. For some courses, we allow unlimited attempts, so we need to be able to turn off reveal answers, but I don't see that option in knowledge check.
I guess I should I be making the quizzes and knowledge checks in Quizmaker 360 in order to control the above issues, correct?
Thanks,
Pam

Christopher Santos

Hi Pamela,

You can use Quizmaker 360 and import it to Storyline 360.  That way, you can publish it to Review 360 and be able to insert it as a block.  You may also consider building the quiz entirely in Storyline 360.  You may use the guideline in this article if you want to track your course completion using Storyline.

As for the hiding the answers feature, I will follow up with our team regarding the need for this.  I can't promise anything, but I will make sure to update this thread as soon as we hear more from our team about this feature.

Pamela Sawyer

Thanks Christopher. I used SL a long time ago. Our org recently purchased all of the Articulate apps. I started developing LMS courses in Rise 360, which I hadn't used before, and thought would make my life easier. It's ok for something quick, but I think I should go back to creating LMS courses in SL 360 and quizzes in Quizmaker 360, since the project I am working on is massive and entails converting years of documents into LMS courses with learning pathways.  I think I'll need the extra functionality in SL. What do you think? I mean, I can create quizzes in Rise 360 too, but the quiz functionality is minimal.

Karen Graham

Using a Storyline block isn't really much of a workaround, since Storyline is not as mobile-friendly, and placing a storyline block in the middle of a rise course often causes more problems than solutions (especially in mobile) in my experience. Having a way to disable showing the correct answer to learners for the knowledge checks is a must.

Brooke Barker

Adding my vote to this feature! For some fill in the blank questions, I want to add multiple variations of the same response (for example if the answer is a number, I might want to accept "53", "Fifty three" and "Fifty-three").

This looks messy and often confuses learners when they see the different options after answering. Please make it possible to hide this!