index.html file now has a bunch of extra scripts

Jul 07, 2023

Hi

I've just exported a couple of courses after a break from Rise of a couple of months while I developed content, and the index.html files now have a number of additional script functions with IDs like "___ENTRY___" and "___REMOTE_ENTRIES___"
There are also references to things like loading manifests and promises ... I have no idea why these have appeared...
I always add a few CSS changes and security tweaks to index.html, and like to keep my scripts as clean as possible (and the same as each other...) but I don't want to delete the new stuff and find out sometime later that things don't work.

All the export settings are the same as before...
I fact I re-exported an old course and the additional functions are there.
So it seems like a change in the Rise export function..?

Can anyone help?

Am I right that the Rise export function has changed - and if so, what does it now do?
And is my older content OK to keep using?
And whether removing these script functions would be safe? (Not something I'd feel comfortable with, actually).

Sorry this is so long but I was ready to start publishing half a dozen courses, and this has caught me by surprise...

Many thanks
Steve

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Steve. We made some changes to the way Rise 360 creates your published output. It sounds like these changes impacted workarounds you’ve used to support right-to-left languages and other style changes.

What we did:
Previously, we included our frontend application assets into the main.bundle.js and main.bundle.css files. Now, we have individual assets, such as javascript, css, and images, included in the index.html file.

Why we did it:
We don’t want to interfere with your ability to publish while we update Rise 360. We made these changes to improve the stability of the publishing process while we release individual changes to Rise 360 course elements.

You can still add additional scripts and styles with these changes using <style> and <script> tags to the index.html file as long as everything else in that file stays intact.

As always, modifying published output isn’t supported by the Articulate team, but we know these power use cases are important to you! If you have any questions, please reach out to us here, and we'll be glad to help.