Forum Discussion

RACHELSCHMITT
Community Member
4 months ago

Problems with index.html link

I am trying to share my online course as a web version and am following the instructions on the Articulate help site. Everything works as expected until I copy the index.html link and paste it into my browser. I get this:

But if I double click on the link from Explorer as per below:

it opens the course in the browser as you would expect:

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

• Hello Rachel,

Happy to help!

Would you mind sharing the link you're pasting in your browser here so we can check if it's correct? I suspect the browser isn't detecting the other files included in the published output which is why the page is blank in your first screenshot. 

Additionally, I'd like to ask the following questions to clarify your experience:

• What is the purpose of having to copy and paste the index.html link into your browser as opposed to just double-clicking to open the link? 
    • What browser did you use in your first screenshot?
    • How did you get the file path/link to the index.html file?

Looking forward to your response!

RACHELSCHMITT
      Community Member

Thanks Jose. I saved the extracted files here in SharePoint:

And the link is:

https://<company name>.sharepoint.com/sites/OperationsDeliveryEngine/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FOperationsDeliveryEngine%2FShared%20Documents%2FMaintain%2FTraining%20%26%20Support%2FArticulate%20Published%20Content%2Fcontent%2Findex%2Ehtml&parent=%2Fsites%2FOperationsDeliveryEngine%2FShared%20Documents%2FMaintain%2FTraining%20%26%20Support%2FArticulate%20Published%20Content%2Fcontent&p=true&ga=1

EricSantos
        Staff

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for sharing the link. I see you've also opened a support case with us, and my colleague Fannie provided recommendations for hosting Articulate content in SharePoint. Let's continue the conversation in your support case to keep all the information in one place, but I'm happy to assist further as needed!

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hello Rachel,

Based on your screenshots, you are working on your local desktop.

That's not how web versions work, as they are supposed to be run from a web server. Once installed on a web server, you can provide your users a URL that will include index.html at the end.