Is it better to insert a video in RISE using multi/media/VIDEO function, or importing as a Storyline REVIEW block?

Jul 29, 2021

Hi, I was wondering if there are any advantages to creating a RISE course using the multimedia block to insert a video; or if it's better to insert the video (created using STORYLINE) using the interactive REVIEW  block?

Or if it's just the same?  I would like to do this using a best practice.

You can see both at https://rise.articulate.com/share/UHPF033BArRQCDtlUv4eSFTtpCJ2r7fX 

I do notice that the learner can stop and start the video, but not the Interactive/Storyline/Review block.

Thanks!  :)

Dakota

1 Reply
Chino Navarro

Hi Dakota! I am here to help. You would typically use the Storyline block to add an interaction into your Rise 360 course. If you are just uploading a video and not adding other functionality, I recommend using the Video block instead. This way, it is easier to replace the video if you need to. If you use a Storyline block, you need to open Storyline, make your changes, upload to Review 360 then insert it into your Rise 360 course.

Here are a couple of examples of why you would go with the Storyline block:
1. You want your learner to go through some slides before/after the video.
2. You want to make the video interactive, such as pausing it at certain times, then have some pop-ups with additional information then continue with the video.