Is Rise down? Can't access

Apr 27, 2018

Is Rise down? Can't access. I can access other sites - ideas?

12 Replies
Richard Fleming

Can anyone comment on what's happening with the outages? Having a hard deadline this week, and needing to do an immense amount of styling rework (can't just write in Word and transfer), is causing major anxiety and stress. What is happening with Rise? I've checked the status page, and it says "operational"; and yet, I cannot access it - keeps timing out. I've created a support ticket, but there isn't any information into what is causing this problem or how to fix it.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Richard,

I don't see any reported outages for Rise last night or within the last 24 hours. I checked it myself this AM and was able to navigate to the site fine and open, edit courses as normal.

I saw you also reached out to our  Support team who shared the information here on checking the network ports and endpoints, which although you may be on a home computer it's always worth checking that against your browser security restrictions. 

Your Articulate ID is also connected to a valid subscription, so I don't think it's an issue with your account. 

Can you tell me what browser you were using (Mac or Windows) and the version number? I'll check into that further with my team! 

Richard Fleming

Hey Ashley,

It's been working, but took me an hour to get signed on yesterday. Not sure what happened. I tried two different PCs - on both Chrome and Edge, as well as a Mac (on both Safari and Chrome). Finally got it to work on the Mac using Chrome (version 65.0.3325.181 which, as soon as I just checked, started updating). 

I'd been switching between machines depending on where I was working, so wanted to make sure that was bugging up the credentials.

I went through the article from Support and it didn't impact my experience in trying to access Rise. Not sure what happened, but at least it's smooth now. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Richard, 

You can have Articulate 360 installed on two machines to access the installed programs such as Storyline, Studio, and Replay. For more info on this take a look at our Terms of Service. 

For Rise, you should be able to log in across browsers and computers, since it's entirely web-based. I'm often logged in on 3-4 different browsers as I test in Chrome, Safari, Firefox (Mac and Windows where applicable). 

If you run into a similar issue again, can you also try accessing the site from a private/incognito window? That'll help confirm there isn't an issue with caching your previous login or session. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Anne. We've identified an outage with Rise 360 where you may see prolonged loading time followed by an error when accessing Rise 360 or when trying to view a Share link for a Rise 360 course.

You can follow our status page for updates by clicking here. I'll also update you here once the situation is resolved. I'm sorry for the trouble!

Kathy Gaeng

It is working now- thank you

Kathy Gaeng (She.Her.Hers.) | 
p 314-412-6568 |
Sr. Trainer, Dedicated Delivery | Learning and Performance |
[Aetna]
I AM A CULTURE ADVOCATE – Learn more HERE!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email or telephone and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT OF INFORMATION:
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.

This e-mail may also contain protected health information (PHI) with information about sensitive medical conditions, including, but not limited to, treatment for substance use disorders, behavioral health, HIV/AIDS, or pregnancy. This type of information may be protected by various federal and/or state laws which prohibit any further disclosure without the express written consent of the person to whom it pertains or as otherwise permitted by law. Any unauthorized further disclosure may be considered a violation of federal and/or state law. A general authorization for the release of medical or other information may NOT be sufficient consent for release of this type of information.

Thank you. Aetna

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.