Issues with Course Completion and Reset

Jan 23, 2023

Hi there. I wanted to check if anyone else if having issues with their courses. Many of my students are having to restart their courses as their progress isn't being saved. Secondly, they are also having issues with unlocking each course as they go through it. They have completed all items on that page, but the continue button isn't working. 

I am unclear on how to correct this. I have checked the setting and they all seem correct. I am exporting the courses as a SCORM if that makes a difference. 

Any help and support would be greatly appreciated. 

4 Replies
lisa@firetech.com Salzman

Hi Michael! You are not alone. We are having the same issues with our SCORM 1.2 files in our LMS. The learners' progress is being erased as they progress through the files/lessons. This is leading to issues with them being able to claim their certificate of completion after they have completed all the work, yet the Rise files are saying they haven't done so! I just submitted a help ticket today to hopefully get some answers!

lisa@firetech.com Salzman

I just tried using SCORM 2004 4th edition files rather than 1.2 (as suggested in an alternate discussion board on a similar issue), and that seemed to resolve the issue in one test I ran. But I will say that another issue arose with the SCORM files resetting on their own after full completion.

Karl Muller

Hi Lisa,

In most Learning Management Systems, the LMS will automatically reset learner progress after learners meet the course completion criteria.

The LMS will also typically switch to Review Mode, which does not show previous learner attempts. Some Learning Management Systems allow Review Mode to be turned off.

This is what we have done, and when our learners return after meeting the course completion criteria, their previous progress is maintained.