Line divider color in custom theme

Oct 04, 2018

Hi,

I am using a custom (corporate branded) color for the theme of my Rise. But regardless of what custom color I choose, when I insert the basic line divider it is in light gray, so it barely shows up onscreen. This does not happen when I use one of the default colors.  Is this intentional and is there a way around it? 

Thanks in advance for your reply! 

11 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey Samantha!  Thanks for adding your voice.  I tried Gordon's workaround, and this is what I got:

That's with no top or bottom padding, and a hex selection for the "background" of the divider block.  Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing, and let me know what you'd like to happen?  

Happy to put our heads together to find a solution for you!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Samantha,

The built-in divider line is set to a grey, and doesn't have an option to change the color. If you wanted to add in a numbered divider instead that will pick up a color from what you set in your theme colors. 

I'll be happy to let my team know you're looking for an option to change the divider line coloring! 

Michelle Carlson

Hi

I think the line divider is a great idea and I have no problems with changing the colour to a custom colour to suit my purposes.

However, I do have an issue that it's super skinny (as in the example above) and it doesn't stand out no matter what colour I make it. Changing either the top or bottom padding to 10px is too big. Are you looking at adding a divider/spacer that would be 5px in height?

And I agree with Samantha - I would like to see an option that doesn't extend the entire width of the page.

Karl Muller

Hi Benjamin,

You can use an image but there are some issues to be aware of.

A Divider block runs the entire width, so I used an Image full width block, but it scales up the narrow image I was using, making it higher and it looked horrible.

I switched to Image Centered and while that retained the size of the image, but it did not run the entire width, so not perfect.