Making updates in Articulate Rise

May 21, 2019

I am a new Rise user. Is there a feature where you can make minor updates such as typos and web links within a rise document on the fly? We are using Rise to present content materials for higher ed courses. At our institution, we mostly use Open Educational Materials to develop our courses. When I come across broken links, I cannot fix links or typos while the class is running. Usually I have to make updates and export the course again. Is there a way to update these items in Rise like a live document (Google Docs) without re-exporting the file?

Thank You In advance. 

10 Replies
Karl Muller

If you are publishing your courses to a LMS as a SCORM package, the answer is no. You need to republish and re-import into your LMS to make the changes live for your audience. 

If you are just sharing a link to the Rise course, the changes are live. The learners may need to do a browser refresh to see the changes.

Ramesh Muthukumarana

Thanks, Karl for the quick response. Actually, we are not using LMS features for the moment. We only need users to access the content to view on their devices. How would you suggest to share a link? Are you suggesting to share a link via Articulate Review 360? And when you update the original Rise document will the same link reflect those updates? Please explain.

Again thanks for your time.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Ramesh,

I just want to jump in here and say that we don't recommend using the Share link to distribute courses to learners. 

It doesn't track their progress or participation, so they'll have to start over each time they come back to the course. For the best learner experience, we recommend publishing for web or LMS. 

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Ramesh Muthukumarana

Thanks for your response, Allison.  I figured that sharing a link is not the best way to distribute a course with the learners. It`s good to show the course to the client or someone else. 

We have to update the course content regularly due to the nature of our course material.  I was looking to see if there is a feature where we can do it without re-exporting every time.

Rob Barnes

I have a similar question, and I'm also a relative new user. I've created a Rise course for the history of a group of which I'm a member. I've uploaded it and am trying to make little updates, like typos etc like the original poster said. Karl above said something about the course being live. But how do I see pages to edit (like a HTML page) locally, not online in Rise? It only seems like I have two pages and neither has what I'm looking for.