NEW IN ARTICULATE 360 TEAMS: Transfer Content

May 07, 2019

Today we released a new feature that’s just for Articulate 360 Teams: transfer content. Now it’s easy to maintain control of your content when team members change.

The new transfer content feature lets you transfer projects when users are removed from your Articulate 360 Teams account. You can transfer Storyline 360 team slides, Rise 360 courses and block templates, and Review 360 content.

Here’s how easy it is to transfer content:

We hope this new feature is helpful!

Pinned Reply
Christopher Santos

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.

88 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Myra! Rise 360 content is always associated with your Articulate ID (email address). If you use the same Articulate ID on the paid subscription as you used in the trial version, you'll be able to access all your content.

If that's not working for you, please open a case here, and we'll take a closer look! 

Gerry Fish

Hi all!
Any recent updates on this topic?

I'm a new team admin and developer. We had a developer unexpectedly go out on an extended leave and we need access to her content to make updates. Is there a way to add collaborators or managers to her content as an admin (short of removing her from the team and reassigning all her content)?

We do have access to her email if that opens any possibilities. 

Thank you!

Gerry Fish

Thanks for confirming, Lea.
Having admin ability to assign content collaborators on a team would be very helpful.

Gerry Fish
Technical Training Lead
Canandaigua National Bank & Trust

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email (and any attachments) is privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at (800) 724-2621. Thank you for your cooperation.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: To the extent that this message or any attachment concerns tax matters, it is not intended to be used and cannot be used by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by law."

Marcia Witt

Hi, I am an admin on 2 separate team licenses for Articulate 360.  One has 4 seats which expires in 1 month. The 3 seat license expires in another 6 months. We are winding up our project and want to combine all the work from both teams to the license with 3 users.  The users on the 4 seat license contain 2 of the 3 that will be continuing on the project and I would like to move them and their content to the 3 seat license. It looks like I can transfer content if I "remove the user and do nothing with the content," then add their same email to the 3-seat license. I just want to double check that I am fully understanding this before I risk losing the bulk of our content... Many thanks!!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Marcia! You generally have this correct. If you are using the same email address (Articulate ID) for those folks who move to the other team, their content will travel with them as long as you select "Do nothing" when you remove them.

To give you some solid advice, I'm going to start an email communication with you so we can have a look at your subscriptions and make sure everything is good to go for you to make those changes!

James Gaffney

Hello,

From looking through this thread some people have been encountering the same issue as me. One of our team members is currently out on long-term leave. They will be returning to work with our team in a couple of months. The issue we have is that they are the owner of a couple of Rise courses that we now want to make edits to.

Is the only way that we can make these edits, is removing their Articulate seat from them, and transferring their content to one of the rest of us? In other words, is the only way we can get access to their content, by removing their seat? We'll just have to reassign their seat to them on their return, right?

John Morgan

Hi James,

Your Articulate 360 Teams comes with collaborative authoring tools! Here is an article about ways to work on a course with other team members!

If you have explored all the options in the above article, the account administrator can remove the owner and transfer their content. Then, when they return, the seat can be reassigned. 

If you need help with this process, please open a support case.

Thanks for reaching out!

James Gaffney

Our team member returned this week. I have reassigned a seat to them and am transferring  ownership of each of their previous courses back to them, one-by-one.

Is there a way to select multiple courses to transfer back to their ownership? Or is the only way to do this to open the course in Rise, and select Share and go through the steps in there? Could a "multiple course transfer" option be looked at in a future iteration of Rise?

Marcia Witt

Hi Crystal, things got hectic at the project end so I couldn't reply earlier, but the "do nothing" worked and everything got moved and re-linked properly. Support also reached out to verify I was on the right track so I could proceed with confidence. I was also able to transfer aka "assign" content from staff who left to new owners. Thanks!!

Hazel Bartolome

Hi everyone! We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.

Christopher Santos

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.