New in Rise 360: 1,000+ Templates With Real and Placeholder Content

Feb 15, 2022

Creating courses in Rise 360 has always been fast and easy, and it just keeps getting better. I’m excited to share that we’ve added over 1,000 fully customizable templates with real and placeholder content. With these professionally designed templates, you can get your learners the training they need in record time—and bulk up your course catalog in minutes. Let’s take a closer look at what’s included:

• Templates with placeholder content so you can skip outlining your course and sourcing images and focus on adding in your content—saving tons of time.
  • Real-content templates with business and thought-leadership topics from bestselling authors chosen by Malcolm Gladwell, Adam Grant, Susan Cain, and Daniel Pink—so you can hit Export and upload courses to your LMS without missing a beat.

And because all of these templates are fully customizable, you can update the branding, make edits, and mix in your own content as needed.

Want to check out these new templates? Simply go to your Articulate 360 dashboard, click on New Course, preview the different options, and select the one you want to use. It’s that easy! Don’t have Rise 360? Start your free 30-day trial of Articulate 360 now. 

Want more information about this cool new feature? Check out these helpful resources:

And be sure to keep an eye on the Articulate 360 feature road map and the What’s New page to stay up-to-date on what we’re working on.

56 Replies
Michelle Martland

Does anyone know how to replicate the block with the intro video that includes links to their books?  I would love to do something similar in a lesson but not sure how this is done. It is not a separate block and not sure if this is within the video block or the  opening description block?  I have attached an image of what I am referring to. Any ideas?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone! We’ve taken care of any rights and permissions on our end so you’re free to use real content templates as you would any other Content Library 360 asset. Your license with Articulate is all you need to use the content freely. We just ask that Rise 360 courses you create with this content remain as Rise 360 courses. Find out more here:

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, everyone! The video block with the linked buttons was created exclusively for Next Big Idea Club content, since those buttons are required to remain below the author's video. There isn't a way to edit or remove those buttons, nor can you recreate this block type for other purposes.

For now, your best bet is to add a button block below a video block if you want to add links to related content. 

Marcel Reinert

Try to reduce the file size of the video. Export the content and unzip it, go to "scormfiles-assets-rbc". There you can find the video. If you use a Mac you should use the app Handbrake or a similar tool for WinPC. You can use it to make a good lossless size reduction. Replace the original video with the "smaller" one. But make sure that the file is named exactly as in the source file. If you have integrated several videos, you have to reduce all videos accordingly. After that you can pack everything again as .zip and should have a smaller package.

Brian O'Driscoll

I agree with this. The new content is a tremendous addition, but the videos are just far too large in some environments so I either delete them (they tend to be instructionally redundant) or explore attempts to shrink the size without losing too much resolution...

I'm curious what others are doing.

Marcel Reinert

Yep, export the course, unzip it, open the folder "assets-rbc". There you can find the video. I use the excellent free tool "Handbrake" (for Win and Mac) to shrink the size. With the right setting you reduce to a quarter of the original size lossless. Then copy the shrinked video back (note to keep the original name) to the rbc folder from the rise package and zip all together again. 

Evan Laube

My organization likes many of the topics with the pre-built courses, but I haven't seen where Articulate gained the content from various resources (for example: websites, news articles, books, etc.) used for these courses. For example, where did the content for "A Guide to Effective Meetings" come from?

Without knowing where this content was taken from, the credibility of these offerings could come into question.

Coniqua Abdul-Malik

I was able to take a look at the real content and could definitely see uses for it. One of our concerns however is providing translations. I know that for written content we can export to .XLIFF to get translated, but there doesn't seem to be a clear way to add additional caption languages to the video content or download the videos in order to burn in captions.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Coniqua! You can download the English version of the video captions by opening the video block editor and clicking Edit > Manage Captions > Export Icon.

Then, you can translate the English captions yourself and add additional caption languages to the videos by following the steps in this article: