NEW IN RISE: Track course completion with a Storyline block

Mar 09, 2018

I’m excited to share the latest new feature in Rise: you can now track course completion with a Storyline block in Rise courses. It’s another great way we’ve made these two apps work together, giving you the best of both worlds: highly custom Storyline 360 interactions in responsive courses you build quickly in Rise.

This feature lets you customize how your Rise courses track completion in a learning management system (LMS). Now you can choose to track the completion of your Rise course in an LMS based on a trigger, quiz result, or number of slides viewed in your Storyline block.

Check out this quick video to see how it works:

Enjoy!

72 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Mikki,

Yes, you can get quiz results from quizzes built directly in Rise 360 or inserted via a Storyline block. Here's how to make sure the quiz score from your Storyline block gets sent to your LMS.

The main difference is that with the Storyline quizzes you won't be able to see question by question data (which responses the learner chose), you'll just see a score.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Tim  Rezaie

Once I import the storyline slide, select to track against, the LMS will no longer accept the zip file.  I receive this error code : 

Multi standards (AICC/ SCORM/ xAPI) are not allowed in one file. Please create a separate file per each (AICC or SCORM or xAPI) and try again.

If I delete the imported slide the LMS accepts the file again?  Any thoughts?

Crystal Horn

Hello, Lauren! Try this technique:

Your learners will need to view the entire video before moving on in the lesson! Let me know how that works.

Crystal Horn

Hey Tim. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 29 for Storyline 360! Here are all the details.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where a Tin Can file was showing up in Rise 360 courses that included a Storyline block, causing errors when uploading SCORM packages to your LMS.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360. After updating, please republish your Storyline project to Review 360 as HTML5-only, and reinsert your Storyline block in Rise 360. Let me know how you make out!

Articulate User

I built the quiz directly in Rise but I seem to not be able to get the exact answers to each question in my LMS. Good to know that it is supposed to send this data which will help me attempt to resolve this issue.

When I publish just Storyline courses I can get all this data sent to my LMS so I don't know why my Rise courses aren't working.. :(

I assume based on your response that a storyline 'block' will not track exact results in a Rise course though? I am not doing this but I still would like to know the limitations.

Crystal Horn

Hi Michael! No self-deprecation allowed! I'm glad you were able to figure out how to get the data you needed. To confirm, yes, Rise 360 will send quiz data to the LMS for a Rise-authored quiz.

If you are tracking a Storyline quiz in Rise, it will send completion and success data, but you won't get the question level details. I hope that helps!

Faruque Jewel

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out tracking of student's activities, course progress and completion with Rise or Storyline or Storyline course embedded in Rise course! Tried all the things found online without any luck! 

I'm using LMS build with WordPress with WPLMS theme/system for LMS.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.