Quiz in Rise - show incorrect answers only

Nov 14, 2018

Both myself and the students prefer the interface for the quiz in Rise. It also allows a one-stop learning material versus having to click on a separate component to do the quiz.

But one feature that's lacking is the ability to show incorrect answers only. I want students to know that their answer is incorrect without showing them the right one. Is this feature coming soon or do I have to settle for Quizmaker?

Pinned Reply
57 Replies
Shawn Rose

We are requiring the same thing as we do not want the student to see the correct answer, if they in fact answer the question incorrectly. This is now causing us grief. Lots developed in RISE with no hope insight. The option of using quizzes built in Storyline and using them in Rise will not be tracked in the LMS. Is there any other option? My cross shift are I only into 1 year with the software, still learning lots ourselves. Our biggest hurdle is everyone loves the flow of Rise, but somethings are still restrictive.

Shawn

Stephanie Marshall

I was curious about this myself because it seems counterproductive to learning to just immediately be given the answer and then kind of silly to have "take again" to appear because why would you if you are already given the answer? Seems like a pretty big flaw. Any chance this can get bumped up on the priority list?

Paul Sewell

This is really an essential aspect of learning. If a learner answer a questions incorrectly, one of the best ways to solidify the knowledge is to try again until s/he answers correctly. When the answer is hand-fed it misses a learning opportunity. It seems like that would be the foundation to any learning application and a fairly simple fix. Can you please place this on the roadmap? 

Ashley Ayers

Good morning, 

Is there an update on providing feedback only when the answer is incorrect? When this tool is being used for Quizzes we do not want to give the correct answer. If this is not on the radar for updates now, what is the process for requesting it be added? I have read comments from the last 2 years searching for a workaround within Rise. 

Thanks

Richard Mataska

Hi folks. I 'm not sure if we have an existing thread on this theme, but my concern is closely connected to the discussion above so hope to slip in another consideration.

Sadly, I'm actually really disappointed right now. I've invested a heap of time in building a learning program using Rise only to find that the assessment engine has a major shortcoming...

Let's say we build a quiz of 10 questions and require the learner to correctly answer all questions in order to pass. Should the learner get ONE question wrong, Rise will force them to re-do ALL assessment questions again - even the ones they got right in the first attempt!

This is a horrible learning experience and a major flaw in the design of the assessment engine.
I note this problem has a solution for people who have Storyline as per this thread, which shows me that you understand the importance for this functionality. 

So, given the clear need for improvement to the assessment engine (demonstrated by the contributors above) can you please provide a plan for when we could expect to see an uplift in the Quiz capability of Rise. (I also note that this thread started over 2 years ago, so I'll be even more disappointed if you can't provide us all with a plan of attack which sees the above flaws addressed in the near future.)

Warm regards,
Richard.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Richard, thanks for your feedback, and I understand where you're coming from. I've added your feedback to a separate request for retrying only the incorrectly answered questions. 

I appreciate all you've shared in your comment and your honesty. Unfortunately, I don't have a definite commitment for these types of updates to share at this time. What I can share is our current roadmap for Rise 360 of features that are currently in development and that we're committed to releasing.

As always, if we do have any news for all of you on these related features, we'll update this thread!

Mr C

To the Articulate team

This Quiz tread is one of at least 20 that I have read where we the customers have requested simple changes to the quiz functionality.

These requests go back over 3 years - how many requests, treads and complaints does it take to get the quiz issues put on the Roadmap. 

Your next feature is quiz blocks, that is great, but unless the other quiz issues are fixed at the same time, then we the customers and developers will continue to be disappointed and frustrated with this part of RIse 360.

Marc Koenecke

Quizzes making people redo the entire quiz was OK two or three years back when all we did was create short courses in RISE - probably what the developers thought would be the only use for it - but now that we develope longer courses in RISE where there may be more than one quiz that learners have to pass (not ideal but what the "client" wants) it's no longer good enough.

Please get this and the correct/incorrect feedback without showing the answers added to the roadmap or RISE will inevitably fall into disuse for the projects I work on.

Ted Bond

I'd just like to add to this, very important feature which is needed, I mainly create content in storyline as others do with these options (as mentioned) but if we are moving or creating content in Rise then surely we should have the ability to have all the pieces of the puzzle as we can?

A roadmap would be awesome to see for this, very old thread and a little disappointing to be honest with no outcome unless I am lost in reading this thread and its been updated?

Nadine Herbert

Hi there, I noticed that these requests still aren't on the current roadmap (particularly being able to see if the question is right or wrong without the answer being revealed). It can be a bit of a show stopper in using the quiz is Rise. When is it like to make the list?  A Retry function would be great to. Thanks.

Ryan Parsons

Hi there,

I really need to be able to show incorrect answers only in the quizzes I created in Rise.  Has that feature been added yet? Our quiz takers don't even want the correct answers -- they are asking to see the ones they get wrong with a recommendation in the feedback of what areas to reread/review.

Also, is there a Skip option for a quiz taker?  It would be nice to have a skip button, and then when they are done with the quiz to go back to the skipped questions to answer.

Thanks so much,

Laura

Crystal Horn

Hi there! Knowledge checks will always reveal the correct answer by default.

Could you instead use a checkbox list block to allow users to choose an answer to a question? Add a continue button beneath, and if you have feedback to reveal, you can add a text block next. Check out this sample preview:

Dena Brozowski

Just adding another vote for this feature to be prioritized in the roadmap. Looking through the current enhancement roadmap and version history for Rise 360, it's pretty shocking the things that are being prioritized over a basic and important feature such as this. E.g. "Prebuilt Course Themes" is In Development?? Not sure about you, but I don't see any threads with people complaining about not enough course theme options... Even if they were, that is not nearly as important in the learning experience as getting feedback on your knowledge comprehension through correct/incorrect quiz responses w/o revealing the answers. Get with it, Articulate, or we will be forced to find new software for our quizzing functionality.