Read-aloud option within Rise 360?

Nov 08, 2022

Is it possible to enable a read-aloud option within Rise 360? For colleagues who are blind or have dyslexia, is this indispensable.

Thanks!

16 Replies
Elizabeth Pawlicki

Hi Nele,

Users who need a course read aloud are likely using a screen reader like JAWS, NVDA, or VoiceOver.  Rise itself does not need to read aloud since the screen reader tool will do that! But yes, Rise 360 courses are compatible with screen reader navigation. You can find more information on how to design accessible courses in Rise 360 here! 

Amphi AB

Hi again! I would like to follow up this thread. I've had a question from  client about a read-speak functionality built into the page, so that you can click to get the text read. Is that possible in Rise or Storyline? For users who don't have a screen reader installed but still would like to lisen instead of reading.

Thanks in advance Elizabeth!

Angelo Cruz

Hi Wendy! The Read-Aloud option is a browser extension/feature. You'll need to install it on your browser to use it.

We are tracking a request to add a Text-To-Speech audio in Rise 360. Is that something that could be helpful in achieving your design requirements? If so, I can add you to the lists so that you'll get notified if the feature gets released or if we make changes that will help.