"Refuse to connect" error shows when I attempt to embed sites to my Rise Course

Jul 25, 2023

I am developing a Medicare training course and need to embed a few sites into the course as a way to show our agents the resources they'll need to use when working with clients, without linking them outside the course which may cause confusion with returning back to the training.  We also want agents to be able to interact with the websites from within the course in order to answer a few scenario/scavenger hunt questions.

The website link I'm trying to embed is https://www.medicare.gov/basics/get-started-with-medicare/get-more-coverage/joining-a-plan/special-enrollment-periods and the full embed iframe code that I am using is: 

The "refused to connect" error also shows for other sites that I'm attempting to embed.  I also did a "padlock test" to ensure the websites were secure and everything checked out so, not sure why it's not working.  Please help, thanks!

5 Replies
Melinda Santos-Quant

How do you know the website doesn't allow embedding?  Is there a way I can confirm this policy for other sites I intend to embed?  Also, if I try to embed SurveyMonkey.com, it does not work.  However, if I have a specific survey link, that does work.  I'm not sure why some links work and some do not, or how can I foresee when one will work or when another will be an issue?  Thanks!

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

the embedding of (professional) websites in iframes is typicaly forbidden for security reasons -> Clickjacking

some websites allow parts of there pages* to embed (-> Vimeo/Youtube, ...)

it can always happen that a website that allows embedding today will prevent embedding later -> you should only embed websites that are officially intended for this purpose

* with reduced functionality