Rise 360 stuck in processing

Jul 12, 2019

Rise 360 is stuck processing an image change from content library.  I hit cancel with no result.  Tried closing and opening still stuck.  Any advice would be appreciated.  

32 Replies
Conor Hayes

Hi,

I am trialing Rise as an e-Learning platform for our university.  I've  encountered this problem a few times now. On upload of a png file, the system becomes stuck in 'processing' . It really slows down the development workflow.

As we need a fairly fast turn around time on course materials, this issue would be a factor in our decision to adopt.

Patrick Mannion

I've spent the past hour+ waiting for a simple 3.4MB video to finish processing in Rise. No matter what method I try, it won't work. And I NEED this to work (and fast). There's nothing non-standard about this video, and it's format is just like several others I have tried uploading. Help.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Mik! There's no limit to the number of videos you can have in one lesson. As long as each video is under the max file size of 5 GB, you shouldn't run into any issues. If you continue to see slow loading, please let us know! Open a case to share your video file with us privately, and we'll test it from our side. 

Patrick Mannion

Close that tab. Exit out. Open another tab and access Rise. It’ll probably show up!

Patrick Mannion
Instructional Designer - Manufacturing
PatrickMannion@lucidmotors.com
Office: 650 802 8181
Direct: 408 761 1825
lucidmotors.com
7373 Gateway Blvd, Newark, CA 94560

This message and any attachments are Confidential Information, for the exclusive use of the addressee and may be legally privileged. Any receipt by anyone other than the intended addressee does not constitute a loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the communication. Any other distribution, use or reproduction is unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this communication.

This message and any attachments are Confidential Information, for the exclusive use of the addressee and may be legally privileged. Any receipt by anyone other than the intended addressee does not constitute a loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the communication. Any other distribution, use or reproduction is unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this communication

Andreas Kuswara

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be a cache problem on the browser, I am seeing "course processing" and other collaborators in the course also seeing that when they open the course. I just returned to the same place, after restarting the computer, it is still 'course processing'. 

Andreas Kuswara

Thanks, Crystal, the issue resolved itself, it reappeared again in different course with different SL block, but then that too resolved itself. I can't do something to cause it, nor certain what not to do to avoid it. So, it's still a bit of mystery for us. When it happens, I have to send the SL preview link separately, but can't view it from inside RISE's preview. We have a contingent procedure to deal with it, but I certainly want to know what happened.

Grzegorz Wilczek

Are you aware that this issue persists?
I'm experiencing it constantly over the last 6 months.

Not a single video has been processed properly and I have to add it multiple times and count on luck to have it working. This is not reliable and is a terrible waste of my time and you serers' CPU time.

Grzegorz Wilczek

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately I am not allowed to share the video (private resource), but the issue is not restricted to a single video but to any and all that I try to upload.

I edit the videos in Camtasia 2020 and export them to .mp4 - should I try a different format (the only alternative I have is .mov) or some specific settings like framerate?

This one in particular worked on a 4th attempt (done an hour after the first unsuccessful three that were stuck). 

Patrick Mannion

Video processing times are agonizingly long

This message and any attachments are Confidential Information, for the exclusive use of the addressee and may be legally privileged. Any receipt by anyone other than the intended addressee does not constitute a loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the communication. Any other distribution, use or reproduction is unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this communication

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for letting us know what's going on, Chad. We've identified an outage with one of our service providers that is causing intermittent errors in Rise 360. You can follow our status page for updates by clicking here. I'll also update you here once the situation is resolved. I'm sorry for the trouble!