Rise Course not updating LMS

Nov 04, 2021

I have a Rise course that includes multiple sections with multiple blocks and each se3ction has its own knowledge checks group of 15-20 questions each. When I get to the end and click the 'exit course' button nothing happens in LMS - Rise is not passing the progress/completion to our LMS. 

Export settings: LMS / SCORM 2004 /  3rd Edition. Tracking = Track using course completion, set at 100%. There is an "Exit Course" button on the last page.

LMS = ACADIS. Upload settings = Completion Requirement set to "user must complete the content" ... 

When I test the training as a learner, I go through all the sections, I answer all the questions. I pass each quiz section. I continue through to the last page that has the Exit Course button - click the button, then close the browser window that shows the "bye you can now close this window" message. When I look in the LMS, the training is not shown as complete. When I log back into my portal not only is the training still sitting in my "Training in Progress" section, but when I click on "Continue" it drops me at the beginning of the training again - like I had never opened it before.

I have created other Rise courses that function properly. I even took the original file and cut it down to 1 block per section and 2 questions per KC to cut down on the time it took to test the changes - and it works. When I finish the training, the LMS is updated to show I pass and I get an email saying the training was completed.

Looking at the history details in ACADIS, the only difference I can see is the tracked time. I've attached screenshots in case that helps.

Any ideas will be appreciated. 

10 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Rebecca!

So sorry to hear that your Rise course isn't passing completion to your LMS. 

I would suggest giving your SCORM file a test run in SCORM Cloud to check if the behavior is the same. SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard testing engine that's free and supports AICC, SCORM, Tin Can API (xAPI), and cmi5 content.

This video tutorial demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content.

You'll also find some helpful LMS-troubleshooting tips here.

If it is completing in SCORM Cloud, please share your findings with your LMS provider so that they can troubleshoot the issue.

If your course isn't completing in SCORM Cloud  as well, please open a case with us here.
Sharon Blanchard

We did. After publishing the course, we changed the javascript in the scormdriver in two places.  I don't remember the actual code; look for "use_strict_suspend_data" and "submit_interaction_data".  I think we flipped the first one to false. Not sure about the second one, but it should be flipped to false/true depending on its current state.

Rebecca Winnier

Update: working with ARTICULATE they determined that the problem is that we are hitting the suspend data limitation (64,000 characters) imposed by SCORM 2004. I broke up the training into multiple packages so we wouldn't fill up that limit since each package will have its own 64,000 file to interact with. This was not an ideal solution - but it was a solution. Since the training worked fine testing in SCORM Cloud, they are working with the SCORM cloud support team so hopefully the next time we create a larger RISE training it will function as intended.