Rise Custom Labels Not Working?

Jul 18, 2017

Hi: I have used the custom labels in Rise before. However, it seems to have stopped working. The custom text for Start Course is set to Start but the opening page still has Start Course when previewing.

38 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Brenda, 

I'm sorry that you ran into this issue - it's something that we've recently reported to our team as a possible software bug. 

From here, I’ll meet with my team to take a closer look so we can determine next steps. Sometimes my team catches errors in my logic and we don’t have a bug after all. Of course, if that’s the case, I’ll let you know! 

Depending on priority and risk, some bugs can be fixed quickly, while others take longer to resolve. Here's more information on how we identify and tackle bugs.

One of the ideas to workaround this as our team investigates is to create a new set of the labels, and that one will allow for the updates. You'll see a example of this from my colleague Renato's Peek recording here (starts around 00:45 seconds). 

I’ll let you know as soon as we have an update on this issue. Thanks so much again for letting us know about this, and I’m sorry it’s slowing you down.

Pam Schaw

Hi Alyssa,

I created a label set called Viewpoint. I changed the text on one of the embed labels (View On Youtube). I selected the Viewpoint label set for several courses. When I preview them, I don't see the changed label. As these courses are under development, I haven't published them. 

Thanks,

Pam

Chris Thomas

Hello,

I opened a project to update the "Start Course" button to "Open Guide," and I've noticed that it updated the "Start Course" button across ALL the course I'm listed as the owner on. 

Is there a way to fix this so it updates the default button text for just the course settings I'm in, or do I need to create a fully custom button to get the change to apply to just one course?

Thanks.

Karl Muller

Hi Chris,

As you have noticed, if you make a change to a label set that is also used by other courses, that change will appear in all of those courses. This is the expected behavior and not a bug.

If you want a label change to apply to only one course, you need to create a new custom label set that applies only to that one course.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Chris,

Karl is spot on! When you edit text labels, the changes affect all your Rise 360 courses that use the same label set. For example, if you edit the built-in English label set, every course that uses that label set will automatically get the same changes.

We recommend creating a new label set when you need to customize text labels so you won’t accidentally change the labels in other Rise 360 courses.

Check out this article for more details on label sets in Rise 360!

Kristy Hansel

I accidentally changed the English label set, specifically for processes from "Step" to "Check". I realized my mistake (I wasn't in my new label set) and changed the English label set back to "Step", however, my labels in the course are not reflecting the change even though the English label set is selected. 

The course isn't published yet and I have viewed it in preview and still have the wrong labels showing.